AGM Vestry Meetings
Meetings are both held after Sunday Service
St. John’s AGM “Vestry Meeting” - Sunday, Feb 25th
St. Peter's AGM "Vestry Meeting"- Sunday, March 4th
World Day of Prayer 2018
This year the World Day of Prayer will be held in Sandy Cove at 'The Spoke", on March 8th, @ 2 p.m., led by the Christian Women's Group. The coordinator this year is Linda Pascoe. The theme is All GOD'S CREATION IS VERY GOOD, written by the women of Suriname, which lies at the northeastern part of South America. All women are invited to join us regardless of denomination. Light refreshments will follow the service. Contact: 705-436-7325.
St. Patrick’s Dinner @ St. John’s
St Patrick’s Dinner on Saturday, March 17th, at St John’s Anglican Church, 4:30 to 7 pm. Adults: $18. Children - 11 and under: $6; 5 and under: Free. All welcome.
Guided Retreat at the convent of the Sisters of St. John the Divine
Please follow this link for all information
Loaves and Fishes Program
On Saturday, April 7 at 7 p.m. at St John’s Anglican Church guest speaker, Kevin Eisses, will be speaking/showing slides on the Loaves and Fishes program and his trip to Ethiopia in 2016. It will also include a variety of entertainment. Donation only. Proceeds to Loaves and Fishes. Refreshments to follow. All welcome.
Senior’s Luncheon @ St. John’s
This monthly lunch for seniors, run by St. John's, takes place on the 4th Thursday. Cost is $8/person and all seniors are welcome to join us. 29 Church Street, Cookstown. If you would like to come for lunch please contact Diane Pettet at 705-458-2723 or email@example.com.
St. Peter's Soup Sunday takes place on March 4th after service. Everyone is welcome to join us. There will be a free will donation basket for those who wish to help support this outreach program, however, a donation is not necessary. Please stay and enjoy a hot bowl of soup w/bun, dessert, beverage and fellowship. Directly after lunch, we will be holding our Annual Vestry Meeting. Please try to stay for this as there are many important items to be discussed.
Weekly Euchre @ St. Peter’s
Wednesday Euchre weekly at St. Peter's @ 1 p.m. Light luncheon will be served. Everyone is welcome. 6254 Yonge St., Churchill. call Jean @ 705-458-9795 for info.
Update on Khalid and Omar
Khalid and Omar are now living in an apartment in Barrie, nearer to work and the learning centre. We thank the committee for all their hard work toward making these two brothers feel comfortable and integrating them into their new life. If you have questions, please call the office at 705-458-1801.
- 0829 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaSalmon Dinner on Friday, September 8 from 4:30 to 7:00 p.m.. Come and join us for a great meal and fellowship. Adults - $20.00, Children Under 12 - $8.00, Under 5 - Free. For further information please contact Diane at 705-458-2723.
- 10Special vestry meeting Sept. 10th after service at both churches. This is to start the journey for a selection committee to find a new incumbent for the Parish.
- 106254 Yonge Street, Churchill, Lefroy, ON, CanadaSunday, September 10th after service. Special vestry to choose a selection committee on the search for a new incumbent. Please try to attend this meeting.
- 236254 Yonge Street, Churchill, Lefroy, ON, CanadaSt. Peter's is hosting another Fall Fair on Saturday, Sept. 23rd, 9am-3pm. Fun for the whole family. Free admission. Tickets will be available for purchase for several activities. Contact Susanne 705-828-4006.Spaghetti eating contest and Butter Tart competition: Myrlene 705-456-6731
- 2429 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaSunday, Sept. 24th after service. Meeting to select a committee to find a new incumbent. Please try to attend this meeting.