AGM Vestry Meetings
Meetings are both held after Sunday Service
St. John’s AGM “Vestry Meeting” - Sunday, Feb 25th
St. Peter's AGM "Vestry Meeting"- Sunday, March 4th
World Day of Prayer 2018
This year the World Day of Prayer will be held in Sandy Cove at 'The Spoke", on March 8th, @ 2 p.m., led by the Christian Women's Group. The coordinator this year is Linda Pascoe. The theme is All GOD'S CREATION IS VERY GOOD, written by the women of Suriname, which lies at the northeastern part of South America. All women are invited to join us regardless of denomination. Light refreshments will follow the service. Contact: 705-436-7325.
St. Patrick’s Dinner @ St. John’s
St Patrick’s Dinner on Saturday, March 17th, at St John’s Anglican Church, 4:30 to 7 pm. Adults: $18. Children - 11 and under: $6; 5 and under: Free. All welcome.
Guided Retreat at the convent of the Sisters of St. John the Divine
Please follow this link for all information
Loaves and Fishes Program
On Saturday, April 7 at 7 p.m. at St John’s Anglican Church guest speaker, Kevin Eisses, will be speaking/showing slides on the Loaves and Fishes program and his trip to Ethiopia in 2016. It will also include a variety of entertainment. Donation only. Proceeds to Loaves and Fishes. Refreshments to follow. All welcome.
Senior’s Luncheon @ St. John’s
This monthly lunch for seniors, run by St. John's, takes place on the 4th Thursday. Cost is $8/person and all seniors are welcome to join us. 29 Church Street, Cookstown. If you would like to come for lunch please contact Diane Pettet at 705-458-2723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Peter's Soup Sunday takes place on March 4th after service. Everyone is welcome to join us. There will be a free will donation basket for those who wish to help support this outreach program, however, a donation is not necessary. Please stay and enjoy a hot bowl of soup w/bun, dessert, beverage and fellowship. Directly after lunch, we will be holding our Annual Vestry Meeting. Please try to stay for this as there are many important items to be discussed.
Weekly Euchre @ St. Peter’s
Wednesday Euchre weekly at St. Peter's @ 1 p.m. Light luncheon will be served. Everyone is welcome. 6254 Yonge St., Churchill. call Jean @ 705-458-9795 for info.
Update on Khalid and Omar
Khalid and Omar are now living in an apartment in Barrie, nearer to work and the learning centre. We thank the committee for all their hard work toward making these two brothers feel comfortable and integrating them into their new life. If you have questions, please call the office at 705-458-1801.
- 116254 Yonge Street, Churchill, Lefroy, ON, CanadaEvery Sunday after service at approximately 10:45 am
- 12No events
- 136254 Yonge Street, Churchill, Lefroy, ON, CanadaPancake supper on Tuesday, Feb. 13th from 5-7 p.m. Sausages, pancakes, beverages and dessert. Donation only. Everyone welcome. Wheel chair access at side door. We are kid friendly! Call 705-436-9769 for further info.
- 14Cannot determine address at this location.The monthly outreach lunch program, formerly run by Cookstown United Church, has recently relocated to St. John’s. This meal is open to all and costs $8/person the 2nd Wed. of each month We wish the leadership and volunteers of this group blessings and much success as they continue their ministry to the community.Proceeds raised provide support for school lunch programs, food banks, Food Grains and other community support groups. For more information call Faye Elines at (705-458-4791).Meeting Room29 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaSt. John's has formed a prayer group that meets on Wednesday evenings from 8-9 p.m. We pray for our parish, community and anyone in need. All are welcome to attend. If you would like to request a prayer to our group, please call Liz Kippers at 705-458-1968.
- 1529 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaChoir meets at 7:30 every Thursday evening in the church*NO CHOIR PRACTICE ON CHRISTMAS EVE DAY
- 16We meet every 3rd Friday from September to June at 6:30 pm. Locations change each month. Please call Karen Korevaar at 252-4066 if you are interested in attending.The Cookstown Guide Unit will be meeting on Friday evenings at St. John's beginning on Sept. 22nd from 6:30-8 p.m. The Guides are for girls in grades 4-6 years. If anyone is interested in joining the unit or to volunteer, please contact Lee-Ann Ray at: email@example.com or (705) 458-1525.
- 17No events