Girl Guides at St. John’s
The Cookstown Guide Unit will be meeting on Friday evenings at St. John's beginning on Sept. 22nd from 6:30-8 p.m. The Guides are for girls in grades 4-6 years. If anyone is interested in joining the unit or to volunteer, please contact Lee-Ann Ray at: email@example.com or (705) 458-1525.
Senior’s Luncheon Program
This monthly lunch for seniors, run by St. John's, takes place on the 4th Thursday. Cost is $8/person and all seniors are welcome to join us. 29 Church Street, Cookstown. If you would like to come for lunch please contact Diane Pettet at 705-458-2723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd Wednesday Community Lunch Program
The monthly outreach lunch program, formerly run by Cookstown United Church, has recently relocated to St. John’s. This meal is open to all and costs $8/person. We wish the leadership and volunteers of this group blessings and much success as they continue their ministry to the community.
Proceeds raised provide support for school lunch programs, food banks, Food Grains and other community support groups. For more information call Faye Elines at (705-458-4791).
TGIF @ St. John’s
We meet every 3rd Friday from September to June at 6:30 pm. Locations change each month. Please call Karen Korevaar at 252-4066 if you are interested in attending.
Formerly called the 40-60 group, TGIF is a group for over 45 years, who meet in a social atmosphere to enjoy each other's company and pot luck food offerings. We meet every 3rd Friday from September to June at 6:30 pm. Locations change each month so contact Karen Korevaar, our event coordinator, prior to setting out. Both married and single folks are welcome.
The 3rd Sunday of each month we have our healing and anointing service. Please note that during the summer there will be no services of this type offered.
St. John’s Prayer Group
Every Wednesday night from 8 pm till 9 pm our prayer group gathers at St. John’s in our side chapel by the St. Francis Window. We gather each week to have a time of communal prayer and an opportunity to offer intercessions for our parish and those in need. All are welcome to attend. Speak to Bonnie, Vicki, or Liz for more info. Call Liz at 705-458-1968.
St. John’s Church
Sunday Service: 11:15 am
- 0129 Church St, Cookstown, ON, Canada@ St. John's for a joint service @ 11:15 a.m.
- 03Meeting Room29 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaSt. John's has formed a prayer group that meets on Wednesday evenings from 8-9 p.m. We pray for our parish, community and anyone in need. All are welcome to attend. If you would like to request a prayer to our group, please call Liz Kippers at 705-458-1968.
- 0429 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaChoir meets at 7:30 every Thursday evening in the church*NO CHOIR PRACTICE ON CHRISTMAS EVE DAY
- 05The Cookstown Guide Unit will be meeting on Friday evenings at St. John's beginning on Sept. 22nd from 6:30-8 p.m. The Guides are for girls in grades 4-6 years. If anyone is interested in joining the unit or to volunteer, please contact Lee-Ann Ray at: email@example.com or (705) 458-1525.
- 0642 Anne Street South, Barrie, ON, CanadaSt. Peter's will be attending the Barrie Food Bank on Saturday, January 6th from 12:30-4. Teens and adults only please.