St. Peter’s Sunday School
Sunday School: 2019
The children have started the January lessons on “Young Jesus in the Temple”. We will be exploring Jesus’ enthusiasm for learning and discussing the children's attitudes toward going to church.
We have been thinking about our Lenten project this year. We have a head start on our project with a $43.80 donation from the church birthday /anniversary jar. There has been some discussion about helping an animal charity this year. Talk to your children about this and we will be talking to them during Sunday School.
C h i l d r e n ’s L e n t e n O u t r e a c h P r o j e c t: 2018
This year the children put together Easter Gift Baskets for the Seniors on the 3rd floor of the Seniors Integrated Care Unit at RVH. Many seniors who are hard to place in Long Term Care, live here. Many do not have a lot of family visiting them. We have been in contact with the Recreation Director and they would love to receive something for these seniors. They often fall through the cracks of outreach programs because people are not aware that this unit exists. They made twelve baskets in total for women and men and decorated them with cheery cards and flowers to wish the residents a Happy Easter.
It is important that the children are involved in purchasing the items for these baskets.. The children made sandwiches and dessert on March 4th for the soup luncheon. They earned some money toward the seniors baskets.
Palm Sunday 2018
Christmas Pageant: 2018
The children study the stories in four labs:
The Computer Lab (The Church Mouse Pad), The Cooking Lab (Martha's Bistro), The Video Lab (Holy Word Theater) and the Art Lab (Thou Art Studios) We have a large group of talented volunteers who teach every Sunday. All teachers are screened. In addition to the time in Sunday School, each child will have an opportunity to use their gifts and talents in the church service throughout the year. Myrlene Boken is the Sunday school coordinator and can be reached at 705-456-6731 if you have any questions.
All children rotate throughout the various labs, from preschool to grade six. Older children have the opportunity of worshiping in the service or they can volunteer in the Sunday school to help with the younger classes.
The four new labs are featured above. The children are enjoying a different lab each Sunday as they learn about the bible stories.
- Each year there is a Palm Sunday Parade. The procession leaves from the local Churchill Library and makes its way to the church for 9:15 service. This is a family and community event that is not to be missed. The Hosanna banner leads the way, while participants wave their palms.
- Every summer the children and youth join together for VBS (Vacation Bible School).
- An unrehearsed Christmas Pageant is performed every December
- The children are encouraged to 'give back' and choose a different outreach project each year to support
- Older youth are encouraged to assist at community dinner and events offered by the church
- Family outings are planned throughout the year.
St. Peter’s Church
Sunday Service: 9:15 am