St. Peter’s Sunday School
S u n d a y S c h o o l N e w s ! !
Sunday school classes are offered during the morning service for all ages from September to June. Our coordinator is Myrlene Boken @ 705-456-6731. Sunday school begins for the 2018 season on January 7th.
Christmas Pageant on Dec. 17th.
During Lent, the children made “Blessing Bags” for the homeless at the David Busby Centre in Barrie. The children used their allowance to buy items as needed. They also put money in the jar for purchasing items. The bags were packaged on Easter Sunday.
Palm Sunday Procession 2017
Christmas program took place on Sunday Dec. 18th, 2016 It was a wonderful performance highlighting the talents of the children.
The children study the stories in four labs: The Computer Lab (The Church Mouse Pad), The Cooking Lab (Martha's Bistro), The Video Lab (Holy Word Theater) and the Art Lab (Thou Art Studios) We have a large group of talented volunteers who teach every Sunday. All teachers are screened. In addition to the time in Sunday School, each child will have an opportunity to use their gifts and talents in the church service throughout the year. Myrlene Boken is the Sunday school coordinator and can be reached at 705-456-6731 if you have any questions.
All children rotate throughout the various labs, from preschool to grade six. Older children have the opportunity of worshiping in the service or they can volunteer in the Sunday school to help with the younger classes.
Feb. 14th, 2016: The children in Sunday school finished tying off the edges on the quilt they are donating to Youth Haven. This project has helped the children realize the need in the community for something as basic as a quilt that we all take for granted. Thanks to all the children who worked on this.
Feb. 7th, 2016: Cameron puts some money he has earned into the jar at church as part of the Lenten project for the Sunday school. Children are earning money by doing chores for their parents and others, collecting what they can for the food bank. WTG Cameron.
Lucas washing dishes at Grandma's house to earn money for the Food Bank as their Lenten project.
Jocelyn earns her money for the jar by rescuing the cover for the BBQ! Good job, Jocelyn
Jocelyn puts her donation into the jar for the Food Bank.
Feb. 7th, 2016 the children made some donations for Youth Haven. Each child put together a gift and decorated the cards with their names and ages. This is our children learning how to give of their time and talents to those in our community. Below are three pictures taken of the gifts and two of our children, Emma and Jase Williamson, showing the gifts they made.
January 31st, 2016: Our Sunday school children presented some beautiful greeting cards to the coordinator of the card ministry. Cards are regularly sent to members of the congregation who are no longer able to attend services or those who are ill or in need of a 'lift' in their daily lives. This project was created in one of the new labs in the Sunday school. We thank them for creating the beautiful cards that is sure to bring a smile to some happy faces.
The four new labs are featured above. The children are enjoying a different lab each Sunday as they learn about the bible stories.
- Each year there is a Palm Sunday Parade. The procession leaves from the local Churchill Library and makes its way to the church for 9:15 service. This is a family and community event that is not to be missed. The Hosanna banner leads the way, while participants wave their palms. This year the date is March 20th.
- Every summer the children and youth join together for VBS (Vacation Bible School).
- Family outings are planned throughout the year.
St. Peter’s Church
Sunday Service: 9:15 am
- 08No events
- 09No events
- 10Cannot determine address at this location.The monthly outreach lunch program, formerly run by Cookstown United Church, has recently relocated to St. John’s. This meal is open to all and costs $8/person the 2nd Wed. of each month We wish the leadership and volunteers of this group blessings and much success as they continue their ministry to the community.Proceeds raised provide support for school lunch programs, food banks, Food Grains and other community support groups. For more information call Faye Elines at (705-458-4791).
- 11No events
- 12The Cookstown Guide Unit will be meeting on Friday evenings at St. John's beginning on Sept. 22nd from 6:30-8 p.m. The Guides are for girls in grades 4-6 years. If anyone is interested in joining the unit or to volunteer, please contact Lee-Ann Ray at: email@example.com or (705) 458-1525.
- 13No events