St. Peter’s Sunday School
Sunday School: 2018/19
Sunday School will begin September 9th. We are looking forward to another exciting year. We will be continuing with the rotation model this year and the program is going to more closely follow the Lectionary that is being used in the church services. The schedule is being prepared, and finalized. More information will follow.
C h i l d r e n ’s L e n t e n O u t r e a c h P r o j e c t: 2018
This year the children put together Easter Gift Baskets for the Seniors on the 3rd floor of the Seniors Integrated Care Unit at RVH. Many seniors who are hard to place in Long Term Care, live here. Many do not have a lot of family visiting them. We have been in contact with the Recreation Director and they would love to receive something for these seniors. They often fall through the cracks of outreach programs because people are not aware that this unit exists. They made twelve baskets in total for women and men and decorated them with cheery cards and flowers to wish the residents a Happy Easter.
It is important that the children are involved in purchasing the items for these baskets.. The children made sandwiches and dessert on March 4th for the soup luncheon. They earned some money toward the seniors baskets.
Palm Sunday 2018
Christmas Pageant on Dec. 17th. 2017
During Lent, the children made “Blessing Bags” for the homeless at the David Busby Centre in Barrie. The children used their allowance to buy items as needed. They also put money in the jar for purchasing items. The bags were packaged on Easter Sunday.
The children study the stories in four labs:
The Computer Lab (The Church Mouse Pad), The Cooking Lab (Martha's Bistro), The Video Lab (Holy Word Theater) and the Art Lab (Thou Art Studios) We have a large group of talented volunteers who teach every Sunday. All teachers are screened. In addition to the time in Sunday School, each child will have an opportunity to use their gifts and talents in the church service throughout the year. Myrlene Boken is the Sunday school coordinator and can be reached at 705-456-6731 if you have any questions.
All children rotate throughout the various labs, from preschool to grade six. Older children have the opportunity of worshiping in the service or they can volunteer in the Sunday school to help with the younger classes.
The four new labs are featured above. The children are enjoying a different lab each Sunday as they learn about the bible stories.
- Each year there is a Palm Sunday Parade. The procession leaves from the local Churchill Library and makes its way to the church for 9:15 service. This is a family and community event that is not to be missed. The Hosanna banner leads the way, while participants wave their palms.
- Every summer the children and youth join together for VBS (Vacation Bible School).
- Family outings are planned throughout the year.
St. Peter’s Church
Sunday Service: 9:15 am
- 0129 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaChoir meets at 7:30 every Thursday evening in the church*NO CHOIR PRACTICE ON CHRISTMAS EVE DAY
- 02The Cookstown Guide Unit will be meeting on Friday evenings at St. John's beginning on Sept. 22nd from 6:30-8 p.m. The Guides are for girls in grades 4-6 years. If anyone is interested in joining the unit or to volunteer, please contact Lee-Ann Ray at: email@example.com or (705) 458-1525.
- 046254 Yonge Street, Churchill, Lefroy, ON, CanadaEvery Sunday after service at approximately 10:45 am
- 07Meeting Room29 Church Street, Cookstown, ON, CanadaSt. John's has formed a prayer group that meets on Wednesday evenings from 8-9 p.m. We pray for our parish, community and anyone in need. All are welcome to attend. If you would like to request a prayer to our group, please call Liz Kippers at 705-458-1968.