St. Peter’s Sunday School
Sunday School: 2020
We welcome all children to Sunday school. Volunteers help to keep our weekly Sunday school contemporary, fun and informative at one of the four stations in the Parish hall. We try to follow the church lectionary for the lessons.
Please take advantage of the children's packs at the back of the church. The treats are in a jar to protect against the church mice. Sometimes children just want to remain in the pews with their families and this gives them an activity to enjoy.
Follow the board at the front of the church to see what our children are doing.
Sunday School 2019
During Lent the children studied the “Lords Prayer”; our Lenten project this year will be to fundraiser for the SPCA in Barrie. The children collected $400 for the animals as well as many much needed supplies. After church on Sunday, April 28th the children with their parents and leaders took their donations to the SPCA in Barrie. Here are a couple of pictures from the event.
Myrlene Boken (in red) is our Sunday school coordinator. Here she is with the children/parents who assisted.
Palm Sunday Procession 2019
Christmas Pageant: 2018
The children study the stories in four labs:
The Computer Lab (The Church Mouse Pad), The Cooking Lab (Martha's Bistro), The Video Lab (Holy Word Theater) and the Art Lab (Thou Art Studios) We have a large group of talented volunteers who teach every Sunday. All teachers are screened. In addition to the time in Sunday School, each child will have an opportunity to use their gifts and talents in the church service throughout the year. Myrlene Boken is the Sunday school coordinator and can be reached at 705-456-6731 if you have any questions.
All children rotate throughout the various labs, from preschool to grade six. Older children have the opportunity of worshiping in the service or they can volunteer in the Sunday school to help with the younger classes.
The four new labs are featured above. The children are enjoying a different lab each Sunday as they learn about the bible stories.
- Each year there is a Palm Sunday Parade. The procession leaves from the local Churchill Library and makes its way to the church for 9:15 service. This is a family and community event that is not to be missed. The Hosanna banner leads the way, while participants wave their palms.
- Every summer the children and youth join together for VBS (Vacation Bible School).
- An unrehearsed Christmas Pageant is performed every December
- The children are encouraged to 'give back' and choose a different outreach project each year to support
- Older youth are encouraged to assist at community dinner and events offered by the church
- Family outings are planned throughout the year.
St. Peter’s Church
Sunday Service: 9:15 am